Getting over a breakup is a difficult thing to do. It is more difficult if you are still in love with your partner despite the breakup. Every single thing or person reminds you of the person to love. This makes it difficult for you to heal emotionally and move up. When you breakup with a person you love, there two options available for you. First, you can choose to get over the heartbreak, heal and move on. You can also choose to remain stuck in the past, put your life on hold and continue hurting for your lost love. The first option will do you good and help you emerge a better person. This article will outline some details of how you can deal with a breakup with someone you still love and more on with your life
6 Tips to Get Over Someone You Love
1. Take Out Time To Grieve: It is quite painful to know that you still love your partner, and it seems that he or she has moved on with his or her life. The first way to deal with the situation is to acknowledge that the relationship has really ended. Don’t stay in denial. Your partner is gone out of your life and may not be coming back again. After you have acknowledged this, you need to take out time to grieve for the loss. It is okay to break down and cry. It is okay to go on a guilty trip. It is okay to analyze the role you played in the breakup. Let your emotions out in the best possible way you can.
2. Learn To Let Go: The grieve phase should last for just a short while; a day, two days or a week at most. After that, you need to let go. You can only start your true healing process after you let go of the past. You can let go by getting rid of reminders of your past relationship. Clear your apartment of everything that reminds you of what you both had. Having the reminders around you will make the healing process more difficult. You also can let go by engaging in constant positive self-talks.These top 10 affirmations for heartbreaks will help you let go faster. https://www.healyourlife.com/10-affirmations-to-heal-your-broken-heart
3. Make Use Of Your Social Support System: Your social support system include your close friends and your loved ones. You need them most at this period of your life to get over your ex. You need to fix dinner dates with your friends, invite them over for game nights or spend the weekend with your family. The more time you spend with your social support network, the less time you have to think about your ex.
4. Stay Off Rebound: It is easier to turn to rebound as a way of dealing with a breakup with someone you love. The truth remains that you don’t need a rebound at this stage. You need to spend time with yourself, heal properly and rediscover yourself. If you start into a new relationship immediately after a breakup, you may end of repeating the mistakes that led to your present breakup. Take out time to deal with your heartbreak first.
5. Get Busy: You will rarely have time to think of an old flame when you are busy with a new project. Instead of sitting around your apartment and wishing your ex to come back, spend the time to make new goals and work on something new. You can pick up a new hobby. You can learn a new skill. You can also learn a new language.
6. Keep A Gratitude Journal: Keeping a gratitude journal has helped me through a lot of bad times in life. You can get over a breakup with someone you still love by starting a gratitude journal. You write ten things you are grateful for each day in your gratitude journal. This helps you switch your focus from the hurtful heartbreak to counting your daily blessings. And as Rhonde will always say, ‘gratitude works like a magic. It can be used to turn any bad situation for the best’.
These six tips will help you get over your breakup and emerge a better you.